Everything You Need to Know About Little Rock’s Entertainment Districts

Posted on July 10, 2020
The River Market Entertainment District (RMED) has become one of Little Rock’s most popular nightlife destinations and now, with expansions to it and an additional temporary South Main Entertainment District (SOMED), they’re among the best places to enjoy a socially distanced good time in Little Rock. Little Rock’s Entertainment Districts are spaces in which guests aged 21 and older can carry alcoholic beverages in approved cups throughout designated public spaces and participating commercial properties. The RMED spans the 300-600 blocks of President Clinton Avenue, the 100 block of Ottenheimer and St. Vincent Plaza, the entirety of Ottenheimer Market Hall and the River Market pavilions, and the streets surrounding Library Square. RMED boundaries are defined by branded light pole banners, signage and sidewalk decals. RMED hours are from 8 a.m. to midnight. 

South of I-630, the newly created SOMED is an eight-week, temporary district that runs between the 12th and 17th blocks of Main Street. SOMED hours are 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., seven days a week.

Patrons looking to take alcohol outside of the point of purchase and into approved public spaces within the District will be required to wear a specific Entertainment District wristband given to them when they receive their RMED or SOMED cup. Both cups and wristbands will be available at all participating bars and restaurants within each district.

Due to state regulations, alcoholic beverages may not be taken from one bar or restaurant into another. Additionally, visitors to Entertainment Districts cannot bring any outside alcohol into the Districts, nor can any alcohol purchased within the District be taken outside its borders. 

Little Rock Entertainment District Frequently Asked Questions:

Can I take cups into different establishments?
Yes, empty RMED/SOMED cups maybe be taken into and refilled at any establishments that sell alcoholic beverages. Please note that taking a full cup from one establishment selling alcoholic beverages to another establishment that sells alcoholic beverages is not allowed. Some retail and special event locations that do not sell alcohol may allow you to enter their establishments with a full cup. These establishments will have signage at the door to designate their participation in the entertainment district.

Can I reuse my cup?
Yes! Be sure to keep your cup with you throughout your time in the RMED and SOMED, as any venue that sells alcohol will refill your cup. We also care about the environment and have selected a plant based, compostable Greenware cup.

Can I bring in my own alcoholic beverage, pour it into an RMED/SOMED cup and walk around with it?
Unless you’d like for your night to include a very awkward conversation with the Little Rock police officers who patrol the entertainment districts, we don’t recommend this.

What types of alcoholic beverage can I have in my cup?
Any alcohol that can be purchased within the district is allowed in RMED/SOMED cups.

Can I walk anywhere within the districts with my approved RMED/SOMED cup?
Yes. You can enjoy your drink in all public gathering spaces, such as sidewalks and public right-of-way areas, within the boundaries of each Entertainment District. See the map above for details.  Some non-alcohol-serving businesses located within the district boundary may choose to allow Entertainment District patrons to enter their establishment as well.

Can I take my RMED cup into Riverfront Park or First Security Amphitheater?
No. Those areas are outside of the RMED boundaries.