Halloween kicks off early this year with the Big Boo!seum Bash’s new virtual format. From now until Saturday, Oct. 31, the event will be hosted on the event’s Facebook page. Organized by the Greater Little Rock Museums and Cultural Attractions Consortium, this year’s event will include eight partners showcasing fun online activities via social media.
This year, each participating attraction has pre-recorded a short video that includes fun Halloween-themed activities, as well as special “code words.” All videos are uploaded to a Big Boo!seum Facebook page. Kids may watch the videos anytime between October 20-31. They are instructed to watch and listen for each partner’s “code word” in the videos, and list them on the LRCVB’s Boo!seum website landing page for a chance to win an electronic tablet.
The Big Boo!seum Bash was originally created as a free, family-friendly event that provides people the opportunity to visit many of Little Rock’s museums and cultural attractions for a night of safe trick-or-treating, and family fun and games. In past years, children would get game cards stamped at each location and be entered into prize drawings. The COVID-19 pandemic has forced the consortium to develop a completely different way to safely provide an entertaining experience, while keeping the prize drawing.
2020 Big Boo!seum Participants Include:
· Historic Arkansas Museum
· Little Rock Visitor Center at Historic Curran Hall
· MacArthur Museum of Arkansas Military History
· Mosaic Templars Cultural Center
· Little Rock Central High School National Historic Site
· Old State House Museum
· Witt Stephens Jr. Central Arkansas Nature Center
· Arkansas State Archives
Official Contest Rules:
· Participants must be 18 years of age or younger to be eligible for the random prize drawing.
· Only one entry per email address will be eligible for the prize.
· Participants must be legal residents of Arkansas.
· Participants must watch all videos, select correct code words from each one, and submit your entry no later than Saturday, October 31, 2020, at 11:59 PM.