The Little Rock Farmers’ Market will open its 46th season, a little later than anticipated, on Saturday, July 11.
Originally scheduled to open on May 1, the Farmers’ Market grand opening was placed on hold due to the COVID-19 pandemic. It will continue to run as planned on Saturdays from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. through Sept. 26. But because of the lingering impact of the virus, the shortened 2020 season will be limited to produce, locally prepared foods and personal hygiene products in the River Market pavilions only.
Other items of note about the 2020 season:
- Face coverings will be required to enter the market.
- The number of shoppers will be limited in order to maintain social distancing. Only the west Pavilion will be used for entry and the east Pavilion will be used for exit.
- Entertainment as well as arts and crafts will not be included.
- As always, free parking is available to Farmers’ Market patrons in the central parking lot off Ottenheimer and in the River Market parking deck. Market Managers wearing red Farmers’ Market polos can provide shoppers with a complimentary parking pass. Special parking for elderly and disabled patrons is available in the central parking lot as well.
- Shoppers will be required to maintain social distancing of six feet and follow directional and spacing markers throughout the market.
- While service animals are always welcome, shoppers are asked to leave their pets at home. (We love our pets but need the space for proper social distancing.)
- To encourage safe shopping, patrons are asked not to linger too long at their favorite vendors.
- And of course, shoppers are asked to stay home if they don’t feel well, are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or believe they have been exposed to the virus even if they’re not feeling symptomatic.
The Little Rock Farmers’ Market, sponsored by the Little Rock Convention and Visitors Bureau, has become a Central Arkansas tradition. While arts and crafts and other forms of entertainment will be missed, the 2020 season will continue to feature farm-fresh produce from farms throughout the state and region including everything from tomatoes to watermelons and a variety of local meats and other locally made foods. As always.
Since 1996, the Little Rock Farmers’ Market has made its home in the River Market’s two outdoor, open-air pavilions overlooking Riverfront Park and the Arkansas River. The Market is filled with farm-fresh produce as well as a bountiful array of locally prepared cottage foods, and handmade arts and crafts.
On the second Saturday of each month, the Little Rock Farmers’ Market partners with the AR Food Bank on the Lettuce Beet Hunger Together fresh food drive, the Garden Gourmet Chef Series and Lil’ Farmers Kids Club, there’s extra reason to celebrate Farmers’ Market season every 2nd Saturday of the month.
Many produce vendors at the market accept SNAP benefits (look for the signage at their booths). SNAP tokens can be purchased at the Shop the Rock giftshop inside the Market Hall 7am – 1pm. The Little Rock Farmers’ Market is also a proud participant in the Double Up Food Bucks (DUFB) program where patrons can have up to $20 worth of SNAP tokens matched for free to use at the market.
Parking is always free for Little Rock Farmers’ Market patrons. Visitors are invited to park in the lot behind the market as well as in the River Market Parking Deck at 2nd and River Market Avenue. Special VIP parking is available for senior and handicapped individuals. Just enter the parking lot off Ottenheimer and President Clinton Avenue, and the parking attendants at the kiosk will be happy to direct you to a nearby and accessible parking spot.
400 President Clinton Ave.
Little Rock, AR 72201
Free admission and free onsite parking add to the fun and convenience.